Refer to Wheal Unity (Infertility Clinic) with pelvic USS attached
Spontaneous loss of a pregnancy before the foetus reaches viability.
Investigation is offered for three or more first-trimester miscarriages (positive test) or one second-trimester miscarriage.
Information to include when referring:
- Details of full obstetric history (include miscarriages/ TOPs/ ectopics)
- Whether any previous treatment to cervix (if so please include date of last smear & result)
- Relevant past medical / surgical history
- Current regular medication
Investigations prior to referral
- Pelvic USS (non pregnant)
- Day 2-5 FSH
The investigation and treatment of couples with recurrent first trimester and second trimester miscarriages. RCOG Greentop guideline No 17. April 2011
Date reviewed December 2020
Review due December 2021
Author: Dr S Burns
Contributors: Ms Lisa Verity, Consultant Gynaecologist, RCHT.