Early Help Hub


All referrals to Children’s Community Health and Council services send to the Early Help Hub.

Services included:

Please use the appropriate form for the service you are requesting:

Request forms


What the Early Help Hub will do for you:

Triage your Request for help and either:

  • Refer it onto the appropriate Early Help CFT or CC service


  • Signpost you or the family to another service, eg A Voluntary Community Sector organisation , national helplines/ websites,
  • Sometimes the request will be closed as the request doesn’t meet criteria for a service


 The team will communicate any changes in referral management to the referrer and the family 

Who can be referred?

·         Children and young people aged 0-19

·         Individuals can be referred up to the age of 25 years if they have a Special Educational Need or a disability.


Who can refer to the service?

·         Any health care or other professional 

·         Or any family member/friend who have identified a need for support.

·         For services that accept self-referrals individuals can refer themselves via  www.cornwall.gov.uk/earlyhelp

Services are excluded ?

·         Referrals to see a paediatrician at RCHT (follow existing processes)

·         Community Paediatric referrals (follow existing processes)

·         Community Physiotherapy(follow existing processes)

·         Child protection referrals (refer to the Multi Agency Referral Unit)

          Occupational Therapy referrals (NHS) (follow existing processes)

How to make a referral:

Gain consent from the person with legal responsibility for:

·         a.The referral to be made to the Early Help Hub

·         b.Information to be shared with both Cornwall Foundation Trust and Cornwall Council Children’s Social Care Services

·         c.If the person does not wish their information to be shared between organisations we will respect that wish and ensure it is dealt with by the appropriate agency.

For information sharing advice see: http://www.supportincornwall.org.uk/kb5/cornwall/directory/advice.page?id=tJpG9kKzCtM


Download and complete the relevant ‘Request for Help’ form found at http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/earlyhelphub on behalf of the patient and submit electronically by email to the Hub earlyhelphub@cornwall.gov.uk


If you are unsure which service you require use the generic Early Help Hub request form.


If you would like to discuss a case prior to sending a request then please call the Early Help Hub on 01872 322277