Your Questions

Why is my GP suggesting that I see a specialist?

You will have discussed your health with your doctor and agreed that it would be best for you to see someone who specialises in your particular condition.

How will I know where I have to go for  my appointment and what the arrangements will be?

A member of the RMS will usually be in touch by phone to go through with you what will happen. If they are unable to contact you via telephone, a letter will be sent. 

Why does the RMS only handle my initial appointment?

This is because once you have had your first appointment, then the hospital, specialist centre or clinic will take over the arrangements for your on-going care.

I am not happy with the service I received from the RMS, how do I make a complaint?

A complaint can be made by a patient or person affected, or likely to be affected by the actions of the RMS.  A complaint can also be made by someone acting on behalf of the patient or person, with their consent. The NHS Kernow Clinical Commissioing Group complaints procedure can be found here.

Where can I find information about services in hospitals?

You will find details about hospitals and their services at www.nhs.uk.  More information you might find helpful is on our Links page. 

English is not my first language, can I get an interpreter for my appointment?

Yes, if you need an interpreter then please ask your GP to include details in the initial referral letter to the RMS.